If payment arrangements with the landlord or mortgage company cannot be made, Rent and Mortgage Payment Assistance Programs may be able to assist people with their rent or mortgage payments if
they meet eligibility requirements.

Depending on the distribution of government funding, Community Action Agencies may also be able
to provide financial assistance for rent or mortgages and also utility bills that have been or are at
risk of being shut off (look under the "Utilities Resources" webpage on this website as well!).

You may also want to check with your House of Worship as many do have a separate fund for
emergencies like this.  Please do NOT call Houses of Worship you do not attend or belong to! 
This help is usually for church MEMBERS or REGULAR ATTENDERS.  It is unreasonable to
expect to receive help if you are not a member and do not contribute to the center with your
time, talents and tithes!

Be sure and look under the "Financial Resources" webpages as well as there are charities that
will help people with this as well esp. those that are ill!


Nearly ALL of the agencies listed below REQUIRE you to apply for State Emergency Relief Funds 
FIRST at your local Department of Human Services site OR online BEFORE contacting them.

You will either be approved for S.E.R. funds and receive a check from the D.H.S. department 
OR you will be turned down and will receive what is called a"decision notice" that D.H.S. will
mail to you.  Do NOT throw away this notice!  You will need if you are turned down to apply
for help from these other sources.

Department of Human Services
Website:      to find your local office
Website:    You can now apply ONLINE and save a trip to the office!

D.H.S. Home Ownership Services may help prevent loss of a home, providing services such as:
1.   House payments (mortgage or land-contract payments), including principal, interest, legal fees
     and escrow for taxes and insurance.
2.   Property taxes and fees
3.   Mobile home lot rent for owners or purchasers of mobile homes
4.   Insurance coverage required by a mortgage or land contract

The lifetime Home Ownership Services maximum is $2000. The lifetime maximum is the combined
cumulative total of all home ownership service payments.  Home Ownership Services cannot be approved
if the the emergency was client-caused.  The total amount of taxes past due for all years does not exceed
$2000.  A client-caused emergency is when an SER group fails to pay required payments for the six-month
period prior to the month of application.  Good cause may exist (except for property taxes) as a basis for
an applicant's failure to prevent an emergency.

ELDER LAW of Michigan
Phone :  866-4000-9164
Elder Law of Michigan has extended its housing counseling services program to include help with
tax and mortgage foreclosure prevention. With help from grants from the Michigan State Development
Authority (MSHDA) and the National Community Reinvestment Coalition, our housing counselors are
available to assist homeowners of all ages and incomes who are having trouble paying their property
taxes or making mortgage payments.

Our HUD and MSHDA certified housing counselors can assist financially stressed homeowners with
developing a plan to allow them to stay in their home. There are new federal programs and funds available, including funds to help eligible homeowners pay their property taxes. Our counselors are also available to
assist people who have previously been foreclosed on with transitioning into safe and affordable housing. 
For more information about these programs and how we can help, visit our website or call to schedule an appointment with one of our housing counselors today.

Recent legislation approved by Governor Snyder declares that if you are a disabled veteran owning
your own home, you may be exempt from paying property taxes. Disabled veterans who have been
discharged from the armed forces under honorable conditions and meet one of the following criteria
now qualify for this tax exemption in Michigan:
a) Has been determined by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to be permanently and
totally disabled as a result of military service and entitled to veterans’ benefits at the 100% rate.
b) Has a certificate from the United States Veterans’ Administration, or its successors, certifying that
he or she is receiving or has received pecuniary assistance due to disability for specially adapted
c) Has been rated by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs as individually unemployable.

NEW!!!    JUST ADDED 1/13/2013
Beginning Tuesday, Jan. 15th, 2013, The Michigan State Housing Development Authority will spend up
to $30,000 each to pay a homeowner's delinquent taxes, interest, fees and condominium association dues!
Under the program, homeowners seeking relief have to apply online at
If approved, the money will be sent to the county treasurer's office, which will pay off the delinquent taxes.

To qualify, homeowners have to use their homes as their primary residences, demonstrate significant
hardship that has caused them to fall behind on their property taxes and have less than six months of
family cash reserves.  A county treasurer's office retains the right to disapprOve assistance, even after
MiSHD approves it. At $206 million statewide, the program could help at least 6,800 people at the maximum amount of $30,000 each!   NOTE:  This program will CLOSE to NEW applicants on December 31st, 2015
so if you are new to the program, get those applications in by this date!  If new, you must also submit
your "package" by January 31st, 2016 or you will not be served!

NEW!   JUST ADDED 5/7/2013
Michigan's Attorney General and head of a new state agency for veterans said Tuesday that $5 million
in grants will be available to help military service members and veterans struggling to keep their homes
as a result of the mortgage foreclosure crisis.  Attorney General Bill Schuette and the Director of the
Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency Jeff Barnes launched the Michigan Veterans Homeowners Assistance Program, which will provide money for military service members and veterans who are currently at risk
of losing, or who have lost, their homes to foreclosure since 2006.The grants will be awarded on a first-
come, first-served basis until the money runs out and can be used in a variety of ways, like curing a
default, providing a loan modification or refinancing a mortgage. Grants will be sent directly to the
vendors, like the lenders or government entities.  All active and reserve military service members
are eligible as well as Air and National Guard, honorably discharged veterans and surviving spouses
of Michigan service members who had a combat-related death.  The state currently runs a grant
program to help war-time veterans who are struggling financially, but this will be expanded to apply
to all veterans as well as active military members. They expect thousands of people will be assisted
by the program and estimated the $5 million will last at least two years

Michigan's Hardest-Hit Fund       
Phone:  866-946-7432
Federally funded program designed to helpeligible homeowners who are struggling
to make their mortgage payments. 

Michigan Veterans Trust Fund
Phone:  313-899-1162
Serves Veterans and spouses of deceased veterans.
NOTE:  You MUST be legally married (and able to prove it!)
at the time of the veteran's death.

Wayne County Soldiers & Sailors Relief
Phone:  313-224-8163
Serves Veterans and spouses of deceased veterans.
NOTE: You MUST be legally married (and able to prove it!) at the time of the veteran's death.

Hemophilia Foundation of Michigan
1921 W. Michigan Ave.
Ypsilanti, MI  48197
Phone:  734-544-0015  OR 800-482-3041
Emergency financial aid programs including rent, for those affected by hemophilia, von Willibrand,
other coagulation disorders, hepatitis, HIV or AIDS whose bleeding disorder impacts their income.  
Must not have received aid from this organization for the past 12 months.

AARP Reverse Mortgage Education Program
Phone:  888-OUR-AARP
This program offers in-dept information on financial options for turning your home equity into cash. 
To order the consumer guide "Home Made Money", call the number above.   Age limits apply!

NOTE!  Please also check under the "Financial Resources" pages on this website as there
are some programs that will help you in this regard, depending on your circumstances! 


2651 Saulino Ct.
Dearborn,  MI  48120
Phone:  313-842-7010

St. Vincent  De Paul
Phone:  1-877-788-4623
Serves Wayne County

Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency            NOW servicing the City of Detroit!      
Corporate Office:
7310 Woodward Ave., Suite 800
Detroit, MI  48202
Phone:  313-873-5000
City of Detroit ONLY call:  313-388-9799
Please call and ask for the Call Center to have a Case Manager talk to you regarding if the agency
happens to have rental or utility assistance available.   If no assistance is currently available, the
Case Manager will refer you to other resources.
The agency was one of just two recipients in Michigan to receive funding for the Supportive Services
for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program through the Veterans Administration. Wayne Metro was awarded
$590,000 for the first year of the program, and expect it to be a 3 year project. The program will assist
veterans and their families with temporary financial assistance to move into permanent housing as well
as connecting them with various community resources. Wayne Metro applied for the grant in partnership
with Monroe County Opportunity Program to serve veterans living in Wayne County and Monroe County.
Southwest Counseling Solutions was also awarded funding to serve Detroit, Highland Park and Hamtramck.
Residents of Out-Wayne County should call:
(734) 284-6999
Residents in Monroe County should call:
(734) 241-2775
Residents of Detroit, Highland Park & Hamtramck should call: (313) 963-6001

Perfecting Community Care Center                         
7100 E. Davison
Detroit , MI  48212
Phone: 313-365-2273
United Way Emergency Food and Shelter Program rent and mortgage distribution site and clearing house.

Salvation Army


Dearborn Heights Community Corps Center
Dearborn Heights    313-563-4457 ext. #105

Brightmoor Corps Community Center
Detroit   313-532-1281

Grandale Corps Community Center
Detroit   313-835-3736

Harbor Light Corps Community Center
Detroit  313-964-0577

Harding Corps Community Center
Detroit   313-822-2800

Temple Corps Community Center
Detroit   313-897-2914

Plymouth Corps Community Center
Plymouth   734-453-5464

Wayne/Westland Community Corps Center
Westland  734-722-3660

Downriver Community Corps Center
Wyandotte   734-282-0930
To receive services for rental assistance you must be able to show the following:
Valid Michigan picture ID for every adult 18+ in the household and birth certifcate
for all children under age 18
Your address must match the eviction order
Proof of all household income within the last 30 days such as Work or Unemployment
stubs, DHS/SSI printouts/letters, copies of checks received for self-employment
If there is NO income, you are not able to receive assistance (food stamps DO NOT
qualify as income!)
One of the following: Judgement form from Court or Foreclosure Letter; letter from homeless
shelter; letter condeming the building or a fire report
All of the following: Landlord Verification Form; decision letter from DHS; proof of commitment 
and/or checks from organizations or churches, or money order made payable to the landlord
(personal checks or cash NOT accepted)
NOTE:  Housing Assistance is available once every 3 years.

20400 Superior
Taylor, MI  48180
Phone:  734-282-7171
Rent referrals and/or assistance for downriver residents.

Southwest Solutions
1700 Waterman Street
Detroit, MI  48209
Phone: 313-841-8900

United Community Housing Coalition
220 Bagley  #224
Detroit, MI  48226
Phone: 313-963-3310
Program has recently changed--will help with back rent and landlord/tenant disputes. 
Call on Mondays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to noon!

Detroit's Friendship House
9540 Conant Street
Hamtramck, MI  48212
Phone:  313-871-7443
Serves Hamtramck and nearby Detroit neighborhoods.

Birmingham Community House
Phone: 248-644-5832
Services Birmingham residents

Health Emergency Lifeline Programs  (H.E.L.P.) 
1726  Howard Street
Detroit, MI 48216
Phone:  313-832-3300  OR  888-435-5655
May help with emergency or short-term assistance for security deposit & 1 month rent or past due
rent/mortgage payments.  The agency advocates for appropriate long-term housing support including
subsidized and supportive housing options.  Must have HIV/AIDS and/or Hepatitis C.


Community Action Agency
1214 Greenwood Ave.
Jackson, MI  48203
Phone: 517-784-4800
Rental assistance for eligible Lenawee County residents.

Community Action Agency  
400 West South
Adrian, MI  49221
Phone: 517-263-7861  OR  800-438-1845
Rental assistance, homelessness prevention and counseling.

Lenawee Emergency and Affordable Housing Corporation / Homeless Prevention    
P.O. Box 692
307 E. Church Street                      
Adrain, MI  49221
Phone:  517-264-0782
LEAHC may assist with first month's rent, past due rent and mortgage foreclosure.  an in-depth
assessment is made regarding a client's financial and housing situation.  This program provides
case management, client outreach, landlord mediation, budgeting, housing search and referrals
along with other support services.  The goal of this program is to prevent or reduce the amount
of time a household is homeless and support self-reliance. Other housing programs also available!

Faith in Action
603 S. Main
Chelsea, MI 
Phone: 734-475-3305


Macomb Resources
Go to this website to find Macomb County resources.

Eviction Diversion Program          
Phone:  877-964-4700   Legal Aid & Defender Association
This program is a voluntary program designed to assist landlords and tenants in resolving back-rent
situations without a credit-damaging court judgement. The program is designed to prevent evictions
by intervening before persons lose their home for non-payment of rent.  Landlords filing for evictions
of their tenants for non-payment of rent will be provided with a referral form to Eviction Diversion, which
they will then serve upon their tenant.  Qualified tenants will then meet with Eviction Diversion specialists
to determine eligibility and pool the funding to financially assist in paying up to three months of unpaid
rent.  Legal representation for qualified tenants will be provided free of charge by attorneys from the Legal
Aid & Defender Association.  Court cases will then be assigned to the Eviction Diversion Docket before the
judge where the parties will sign an agreement to prevent entry of judgment and time to resolve financial

Macomb County Community Services Agency
21885 Dunham Road, Suite #10
Clinton Twp., MI  48036
Phone:  586-469-6999
Contact the North Action Center:
58144 Gratiot
New Haven, MI  48048  (closed Tuesdays)
Phone:  586-749-5146
Northern Macomb Area including Armada, Bruce Twp., Chesterfield Twp. (north of 23 Mile Road),
Lenox, Macomb Twp. (north of 23 Mile Road), Memphis, New Baltimore (north of 23 Mile Road),
New Haven, Ray, Richmond, Romeo, Shelby Twp. (north of 23 Mile Road) or Washington Twp.
Contact the Central Macomb Area Center:
18 Market Street, Suite C
Mount Clemens, MI  48043
Phone:  586-469-6964
Chesterfield Twp. (south of 23 Mile Road), Clinton Twp., Fraser, Harrison Twp., Macomb Twp.
(south of 23 Mile Road), Shelby Twp. (south of 23 Mile Road), St. Clair Shores, Sterling Heights,
or Utica.
Contact the Southern Macomb Area Center:
22856 Ryan Road
Warren, MI  48091
Phone:  586-759-9150
Roseville, Center Line, Eastpointe or Warren
Provides rent and/or mortgage assistance.
Good Shepard Coalition          
Samaritan House
Good Samaritan Coalition
These organizations are built by a network of churches and community agencies who work
with families in Macomb County.  Their goal is to help low-income households within their
communities avoid slipping through the cracks of the social service system.  Residents
interested in receiving assistance from these 3 agencies are FIRST referred to the D.H.S.
and/or MCCSA (above) for screening & assistance.   These organizations help with:  funds
for rent/mortgage payments, food assistance, gas vouchers, clothing and more. 

St. Vincent DePaul                
Provides emergency assistance in the form of rent/mortgage assistance, utility assistance,
emergency food assistance and more.  Contact any local Catholic Church for a referral.

The Salvation Army              
Corps /Community Center  (Warren)  
Phone:  586-754-7400
Church/ Community Center  (Mt. Clemens)
Phone:  586-469-6712
Provides emergency services and more to needy persons.


Monroe Community Opportunity Program   (M.C.O.P.)
1040 S. Telegraph
Monroe, MI  48161
Phone:  734-241-2775  #203             Delinquent taxes dial  #225
Provides assistance to Monroe County residents who are behind in rent and facing eviction.
First month's rent for low-income families and individuals. The homeless assistance fund
provides funds for moving expenses, security deposits, furnishings and household goods
to homeless individuals and families awaiting supportive housing assistance. 

The Salvation Army of Monroe County
815 East First Street
Monroe, MI  48161
Phone: 734-241-0440
Rental and mortgage assistance is available based upon funding availability. Michigan
Department of Human Services decision notice is required. Maximum assistance is
up to one month's rent and client must have balance paid or committed before funds
are released.

The Salvation Army Harbor Light
3580 South Custer Road
Monroe, MI  48161
Phone: 734-242-5050
Limited assistance for individuals who have completed the in-patient program.

Monroe Community Mental Health
1001 South Raisinville Road
Monroe, Mi  48161
Phone: 734-243-7340
First month's rent may be available through the Balance of State Fund
through the State for persons with a documented diagnosis of a mental illness.

Veteran's Trust Fund
29 Washington Street
Monroe, MI  48161
Phone: 734-240-7359
Limited assistance to veterans who have had wartime service. 
Must have eviction notice and ability to pay in the future.

Council of Churches
C/O Randy Umfress
Phone:  734-777-0917
Limited, one-time assistance.

St. Michael's & St. Vincent dePaul
510 West Front Street
Monroe, MI  48161
Phone: 734-241-8645
Limited assistance with rent or mortgage payments, typically paying only a small portion.

St. John's & St. Vincent dePaul
511 South Monroe Street
Monroe, MI  48161
Phone: 734-241-8910
Limited assistance with rent or mortgage payments, typically paying only a small portion.

St. Mary's & St. Vincent dePaul
127 North Monroe Street
Monroe, MI  48162
Phone: 734-241-9067
Limited assistance with rent or mortgage payments, typically paying only a small portion.

Monroe Missionary Baptist
14260 S. Dixie Hwy.
Monroe MI  48161
Phone: 734-241-6860
Limited assistance with rent or mortgage payments, typically paying only a small portion.


Rochester Area Neighborhood House   (RANH)                  
1234 Inglewood                    
Rochester, MI  48307                       
Phone: 248-651-5836        
Helps prevents eviction for those in Auburn Hills, Lakeville, Leonard, Oakland Twp.,
Rochester & Rochester Hills.

Jewish Family Services/Housing Association of
Metropolitan Detroit / Jewish Family Service
27777 Franklin Road  Suite #170
Southfield, MI  48034
Phone: 248-592-2300  OR  800-458-0404
6555 W. Maple Road
West Bloomfield MI 48322
Phone: 248-592-2300

Neighbor for Neighbor      
P.O. Box 235
Davisburg,, MI  48350
HART Community Center
495 Broadway
Davisburg, MI
Phone: 248-634-0900
Housing assistance that services Davisburg, Groveland, Holly, Rose, Springfield
and parts of Independence Twp.and Whilte Lake Twp.

Oxford / Orion FISH     
487 First Street
Oxford Twp., MI  48371
Phone: 248-628-3933
In consort with other agencies, serves those in need in a very specific
geographic area which includes the villages of Oxford, and Lake Orion
and their townships, parts of Leonard, Lakeville, Addison and
Oakland townships.  Financial assistance to help pay eviction notices. 

OLHSA  (Oakland Livingston Human Services Agency)
Central Office (Oakland County)
196 Cesar E. Chavez Avenue      
P.O. Box 430598
Pontiac, MI  48343-0598
Phone:  248-209-2600  OR 1-800-482-9250 (Toll Free)
South Office (Oakland County)
1956 Hilton Road
Ferndale, MI  48220-1719
Phone:  248-542-5860
OLHSA (Livingston County)
2300 E. Grand River   Suite 107
Howell, MI  48843-7574
Phone:  517-546-8500
Emergency Rent or Mortgage Assistance
OLHSA can provide federal funds for a one-time shelter payment in SE Oakland County.
OLHSA is able to provide financial assistance to low-income residents of SE Oakland
County to respond to homeless prevention needs that cannot be covered by the State
Emergency Relief Program of the Department of Human Services. Assistance may be
provided for rent or move-in costs.
Foreclosure Prevention and Property Tax Delinquency Education
Foreclosure education and counseling, including information on alternatives to foreclosure.
Please download and complete the packet on the website, make copies of requested documents,
then scan and email to  OR fax to (248) 247-3168.
Home Ownership Counseling and Assistance
Our Homebuyer's Education classes provide information on budgeting, credit, mortgage approval
and mortgage closing. We also offer one-on-one foreclosure and credit counseling services.
Financial Management Education
An educational course designed for adults called "Your Money & Your Life".
Among the topics covered: Credit, Budgeting and Managing Debt, Avoiding Money Traps,
Understanding Taxes,Taking Advantage of Public Benefits, and Using Financial Institutions.

Oakland County’s Community & Home Improvement Division         
Phone: 248-858-1891 for a confidential appointment.
Are you a month or more behind in your mortgage or know someone who is?  Help is available
NOW to keep most families in their homes. There is no charge or fee for this service. Oakland
County certified housing counselors will find the right solution for your individual circumstances.
They provide FREE counseling on housing matters like Preventing Mortgage Default, Reverse
Mortgages for Seniors, Tenant/Landlord Issues, and Fair Housing Practices.hey provide FREE
counseling on housing matters like Preventing Mortgage Default, Reverse Mortgages for Seniors, Tenant/Landlord Issues, and Fair Housing Practices.

Open Door Outreach
7170 Cooley Lake
Waterford,  MI  48327
Phone: 248-360-2930

Troy People Concerned
2045 Austin Drive
Troy, MI  48083
Phone: 248-528-9199

Community Services of Oakland
345 East Nine Mile Road
Ferndale, MI  48220
Phone: 248-542-5860
Financial assistance for property taxes is available for low-income residents of Southern Oakland
County.  Other resources must be exhausted and eligibility for State Emergency Relief determined
by the Dept. of Human Resources.  Call for further info and to make an appointment.

Lighthouse Community Development & Emergency Services
Administrative Office:
PO Box 430509
46156 Woodward Ave.
Pontiac, MI  48342
Phone:  248-920-6100


Thrift Shop Association of Ann Arbor
3530 Washtenaw
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Phone: 734-662-6771
Emergency financial assistance primarily for housing crisis. 
Maximum amount of $300.  Help is limited to just once a calendar
year.  Ann Arbor School district resident only and must have an

Veteran Services
2155 Hogback Road
P.O. Box 8645
Ann Arbor, MI  48107-8645
Phone: 734-973-4540
Assists veterans and/or dependents to secure potential entitlements
from federal, state and local government sources based on honorable
military service.

The Salvation Army of Washtenaw County
100 Arbana Drive
Ann Arbor, MI  48103
Phone: 734-668-8353

SOS Community Services
101 S. Huron
Ypsilanti, MI  48197
Phone:  734-485-8730

Faith in Action
603 S. Main Street
Chelsea, MI  48118
Phone:  734-475-3305
Rent assistance

Aid in Milan
54 W. Main Street
Milan, MI  48160
Phone:  734-439-8420
Help with rent.

Saline Area Social Service Inc.
131 E. Michigan Avenue
Saline ,MI  48176
Phone:  734-429-4570
Housing assistance.

HOPE Medical Clinic
Two clinics in Ypsilanti and Wayne
Phone:  734-710-6688 
Provides limited assistance to help keep people in their homes or to help in emergency situations.


If you had an FHA insured mortgage, you may be eligible for a REFUND?  Go to  OR call 1-800 697-6967

Also, a new tax bill allows homeowners to deduct the cost of Private Mortgage Insurance from their taxes,
which could mean savings of up to $500.  If you pay PMI, make sure you get the deduction.

If you have an FHA loan, the Federal agency has steps for borrowers to use if they go into default.  These
might include a specific period of no mortgage payments, to be followed by a specific period of on-time
payments.  After that, the mortgage could be rewritten to incorporate the missed payments and extra fees. 
OR they might include cashing in a portion of the mortgage insurance that's required on an FHA loan and
using that cash to reinstate the mortgage.  The cashed-in part of the insurance would remain as a lien on
the house to be paid back when it's sold or refinanced.

If your loan is a backed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac--as most conventional, non-FHA loans are--you
can also ask the lender for help getting past a hard time as these agencies can easily modify your loan. 
Call 800-287-8685.

Another source if you're having problems meeting a mortgage is Housing Counseling Referral Service
at 800-569-4287.

Also contact AmeriDream Solutions, a nonprofit group that can help you thru these options. Visit and click on AmeriDream Solutions OR call 866-716-3633 from 8:30 a.m.
to 5:30 p.m. weekdays.

"Mortgage Loan Programs/Michigan State Housing Development Authority
"Save the Dream"
Phone:  866-946-7432


Comerica Inc. announced Monday, Feb. 11th, 2008 that they have created a $500,000 fund to help Detroit homeowners avoid foreclosures caused by unpaid property taxes.  The Comerica Tax Assistance Loan
Fund will award zero to low-interest loans to eligible low and moderate-income homeowners living in
parts of the city targeted for redevelopment.  Those areas are  East English Village, Osborn, North End, Brightnoor, 7 Mile-Livernois and Grand River-Greenfield.  Eligible homeowners can get 12 to 36 month
loans ranging from $500 to $5,000.  To find out more about the loans, Detroit residents can contact the following counseling agencies:

U-SNAP-BAC Community Development Corp.
Phone:  313-640-1100
Mission of Peace Community Development Corp.
Phone:  313-872-2900
United Community Housing Coalition
Phone:  313-963-3310
Southwest Housing Solutions
Phone:  313-841-9641

Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency
Corporate Office
2121 Biddle Ave.
Wyandotte, MI  48192
Phone:  734-284-6999
Has Foreclosure Intervention Specialists who work to help homeowners explore their options
in regards to foreclosure problems.

Detroit Home Ownership Preservation Enterprise
Phone: 888-995-4673
A collaboration of banks, nonprofit's and government, provides assistance to DETROIT residents.

The Michigan State Housing Development Authority
Phone: 866-946-7432
Has a hotline to assist homeowners statewide who are at risk of foreclosure.

The Department of Housing & Urban Development
Phone: 800-569-4287
Has a counseling and referral line.

For more information on the foreclosure effort spearheaded by Attorney General Mike Cox, homeowners
can call the Michigan Attorney General's Consumer Protection Hotline at 877-765-8388.


Adoption Resources

Adult Dental

Adult Medical Resources

Adult FREE Medical
Tests, Services
& Treatments

Adult & Child
"Special Wish" Programs



Child & Adolescent
Dental Resources
(including Orthodontics)

Child & Adult Medical & Wellness Resources

Child Support Resources

Chore Services (OR other in-home help)

Clothing Distribution

Credit Counseling

Crisis Pregnancy & Pregnancy (help for keeping & raising your baby)

Disability Resources

Domestic Abuse &
Sexual Violence

& Employment Training Programs

Emergency Housing

Travel Resources

Financial Assistance

Food Programs/

Food Programs/
"Soup Kitchens"

Food Programs/
Meals on Wheels

Foster Youth

As Caregivers Resources

Grief Support

Holiday Assistance

Home Furnishing

Hospice Resources

Housing Resources

Immigration Resources

Immunization Resources

Legal Resources

Learning Disability Resources

Literacy Programs

Low-Cost Car
& Car Repair Resources

Low-Income Home Mortgage Assistance

Parenting Resources

Prescription Resources

Runaway Help

Senior Citizen Resources

Services for Active-Duty Military
Personnel and Their Families

Tax Services (FREE)

Transportation Resources

Utility Programs

Veterans (And Their Families) Resources

Vision & Hearing Resources

Weatherization Resources

Youth Programs
(Including FREE
& Low-Cost
Summer Camps)

Click on the
agency's  logo
to be taken directly to
that site!
This page was last updated: October 29, 2017